EcoMed offers a variety of compliance services including turnkey onsite solutions, mailback programs, and integrated offsite medical waste disposal and recycling. Our procedures, framework, and practices regarding the safe management and disposal of Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) are in accordance with local, state/provincial, and federal regulations including DOT and OSHA guidelines and standards.
Healthcare providers, waste generators, and waste management companies are required to properly handle, treat, and dispose of the generated biomedical waste without endangering the public health and the environment. To ensure public safety and environmental protection, federal, state, and local laws require Regulated Medical Waste to be treated and rendered non-infectious before it can be disposed of as a solid municipal waste. It is unlawful to reduce, reuse, or recycle any infectious waste prior proper treatment and disposal. EcoMed’s solutions and services are in compliance with all regulatory laws.
EcoMed uses ECODAS Sterilizers that are designed and manufactured in accordance with the following norms:
- EN ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management Systems
- The International Certification Network Quality Management System
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Canada Technical Safety Standards Association (TSSA) and British Columbia Safety Authority (BCSA)
The ECODAS sterilizer has been accepted and approved worldwide in numerous countries by various regulatory agencies including all 50 states of the U.S. as an alternative technology to treat effectively regulated medical waste. The ECODAS process is also recognized and accepted by the Ministry of Environment in Canada.
Our technology, the ECODAS System and its process, were evaluated, tested, and approved by:
- WNWN (Waste Not, Want Not) International, Inc. a U.S. based company with over 20 years of experience in all facets of medical waste studies at the domestic and international level.
- Pasteur Institute (ISO/IEC 17025 International Standard Accredited Laboratory – Accreditation No. 1-2215).
ECODAS clean autoclaving technology does not generate any pollutants, harmful or toxic materials because: