The ECODAS STERILIZER known as an Advanced/Hybrid Autoclaving System is designed to sterilize biomedical waste, reduce its volume by 80%, and render its components unrecognizable and safe ordinary solid municipal waste – All is done in one (1) fully enclosed automated cycle/step. The treatment process combines internal shredding, direct heated steam, and high pressure to achieve a microbial inactivation of 6-8log10.
The whole operations and sequences of the ECODAS Sterilizer are entirely computerized and regularly controlled by an advanced programmable microprocessor offering reliable, simple, consistent, and safe treatment process. This Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) monitors, regulates, and maintains the operating parameters during the entire length of each automated treatment cycle.
The SYSTEM is fully automated and comprehensive allowing very minimum handling of medical waste, with NO contact with the infectious waste during the treatment cycle.
Unlike traditional autoclaving technologies where the steam does not penetrate thoroughly into the core of the waste bulk, ECODAS SYSTEM shreds the waste prior to the sterilization cycle directly exposing the inner waste contents to the saturated steam achieving a microbial inactivation of 8log10. The closed operating sequence of internal pre-shredding followed by a sterilization phase is critical to guarantee steam penetration and to ensure delivering an effective treatment process and true neutralization of all type of infectious waste stream.
The ECODAS Sterilizer is equipped with advanced safety features and enhanced capabilities, such as the the following:
- The ECODAS SYSTEM is a stand-alone machine that is equipped with unconventional interlock mechanisms and an exceptional shredder anti-jamming and waste sticking prevention features.
- The system is also equipped with a fail-safe built in technology with alarm’s indications for an instant and guided operator’s intervention.
- The ECODAS SYSTEM automated and comprehensive treatment operation reduces operator’s handling time to a minimum and eliminates employee’s direct contact with the infectious waste during the entire treatment cycle.
The ECODAS SYSTEM guarantees an improved RMW compliance and quality assurance due to the following advanced capabilities:
- Built-in security features ensuring that all treatment conditions are achieved prior unlocking and opening the system’s unloading door to release the treated waste.
- Temperature, pressure, and exposure time are continuously monitored and maintained throughout the computerized process.
- Secure database information is safeguarded through password protected programs in order to confirm the integrity, the validity, and the protection of the operating process/parameters.
Since 1993 ECODAS has been designing, manufacturing, and supplying customers worldwide with automated solutions for medical waste treatment. For more than twenty years ECODAS team has leveraged a wide expertise in designing and manufacturing of pressurized and automated thermal machines to provide high value medical waste treatment solutions and services using environmentally friendly technology. Today, ECODAS SYSTEMS are well known worldwide for superior performance in terms of safety, speed, durability, reliability, and flexibility while remaining cost effective.